The default password that you utilize to do routerlogin is an admin. NETGEAR recommends that you change this default password to a protected password.
Change Password of routerlogin WNR2500
Changing the default password is different from changing the password for wireless access. The label on your own router shows your unique wireless network name (SSID) for wireless access.To change the default password do routerlogin as:
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
- Type the old password and then enter the new password and then re-enter the new password.
- Now, if you want to recover the password, select the recovery check box.
- Click the apply button.
NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery in case you change the password for the router’s username of admin. You then have a simple way to recover the password when it’s forgotten. This recovery process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers, however, not in the Safari browser.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password. The Set Password screen displays.
- Select Password Recovery check box.
- Select two security questions and give answers to them.
- Click on Apply button.
To recover routerlogin WNR2500password:
- In the address field of one’s browser, type www.routerlogin.net. A login screen displays.
- Click the Cancel button. If password recovery is enabled, you’re prompted to enter the serial number of the router. The serial number is on the label of the product.
- Enter the serial number of the router.
- Select Continue button and Click on it. A screen displays asking the answers to your security questions.
- Now, enter the saved answers to your security questions.
- Select the Continue button and click on it. A screen displays your recovered password.
- Click the Login button again. A login screen displays.
- With your recovered password, log in to the routerlogin.